Sam has over 15 years’ experience working in commercial, property and pharmacy law. He acts for several private and public sector clients in their capacities as developers, landlords, tenants, and business owners.
He also works extensively with several commercial and residential buyers’ agencies across the country and is experienced in providing a tailored and seamless process when it comes to high volume transactions. This experience extends to all states nationally around Australia.
Sam takes a proactive, commercial, and pragmatic approach with all of his clients and believes that there is always a solution to any problem that presents itself. His philosophy is that legal advice should be timely, accessible and part of the solution t is that the right lawyer that can make all the difference in helping clients make the right choices.
Specifically, Sam has comprehensive experience in various areas of practice within the property, pharmacy and commercial sphere, including but not limited to:
- The buying and selling of different types of real estate, such as commercial, retail, industrial, and residential assets, which may involve creating contracts for sale, sale and leaseback agreements, option deeds, and other related documents at a national level in New South Wales, Queensland, Victoria, ACT and Western Australia;
- Mergers and acquisitions of businesses of all sizes up to $75 million across a multiplicity of industries in Australia, with a particular focus in the allied health, medical and childcare sectors. This includes detailed due diligence advice on business acquisitions;
- Acquisition, relocation and disposals of pharmacies, in addition to all other processes involved in a pharmacy such as PBS approvals, assignments of pharmacy leases and franchise agreements;
- Establishment, acquisition or disposal of businesses and franchises in New South Wales, Queensland and Victoria, including offering practical and commercially-minded advice in relation to joint ventures, shareholder agreements, partnership agreements, insolvency and intellectual property;
- Structural advice to clients on multi-million dollar property development projects including options and other acquisitions, joint ventures, subdivision and project sales (including off-the-plan); and
- Commercial, industrial and retail leasing acting for the Landlord and the Tenant to ensure that the parties commercial or retail lease supports their business objectives and navigates any problems should a dispute arise;
Prior to joining the firm, Sam focused primarily on providing tax advice on mergers and acquisitions, cross-border transactions, corporate tax and other indirect taxes.